Lair Raid Saturday Januray 10th 21:00 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Lair Raid Saturday Januray 10th 21:00 GMT

Post by Chaosetor »

Since we had such a success with the previous lair raid, and I got more delivering rituals from the mystery boxes I compulsively purchase from the item store, I thought it would be fun to put together another one :)

Experience and Gear
If you want to try the lair raid then by all means sign up, regardless of how much experience you have with the raid. As for gear, if you wish to try the lair raid but you are not sure if your gear will suffice, sign up and ask rather than not sign up at all :)

Looting Rules (Please read this before signing up)
The looting policy will be slightly different than last time. When the blue bag is opened, anyone (including myself) will be free to roll for the signet or signets they want, you can roll on as many signets as you please, even if you win. The highest roll will receive the signet. When the purple bag is opened I will select one item from it which I will take for myself as the ritual I will be using is from my personal storage. All other items in the purple bag will, however, be FFA, meaning anyone can roll, except me as I will only take the one item form the purple bag.

Date and Time
The date is set to January 10th at 21:00 GMT, however, if there are many who sign up who would rather have it at a later time, earlier time or on a completely different date, it can be moved.

Signing Up
I will cap the initial sign ups at 13. If we are short on any roles after we have 13 sign ups, for example if we have 13 sign ups, but only one of those can tank, I will create additional sign up slots for those roles only. Your sign up post should include your name and your desired role/roles (Tank, Fist Healer, Leecher, DPS, Buff DPS). You should also state whether or not you have completed or seen the lair raid before.

The Final Team
The final team will consist of two groups of five players. Each group will have either a leecher or a fist healer. The tanks will be in one group and the DPS will be distributed amongst the remaining slots. It would be preferable to have one buff DPS in each group, though it is not a necessity. It would also be preferable if the tanks have seen the lair raid before, but I will not exclude anyone because of lacking experience.

Lair Raid 101
If this will be your first time in the lair raid, or if you are not sure of certain phases or mechanics in the lair raid, please take the time to read the two guides shown bellow as they provide a great introduction to the lair raid.

https://www.nine-swords.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5546
A great introduction to the lair raid, and it even comes with a video :D

http://www.lomsglobal.com/index.php?thr ... -dark.152/
A very thorough explanation of the raid and its mechanics.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to post them below, or simply ask in game :D

Signed Players
1. Chaosetor (DPS, Buffs, Possibly Tank)
2. Cippe (Heals/DPS)
3. Diani (DPS)
4. PuzzyCat (DPS, Buffs)
5. Floryn (DPS, Possible leech)
6. MissRhythm (Magician)
7. Witsfool (DPS)
8. Burton1305 (DPS)
9. Aberlour (Tank, Possibly heal tank if need be)
10. Kisshoten (DPS, Leech, Heals)
11. Deerhound (DPS, Buffs, Leech)
Last edited by Chaosetor on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Cippe

Re: Lair Raid Saturday Januray 10th 21:00 GMT

Post by Cippe »

I'm totally up for this. I can Heal or DPS it!
SingedKitty

Post by SingedKitty »

I'm in
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

I'm in too - dps/buffs/fist heal/leech
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Dreadzilla

Post by Dreadzilla »

I'll be there, DPS Buffs
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

I should be able to make this. I'll bring MissR on ele/blood deeps...
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
witsfool

Post by witsfool »

I'd like to join. I freely admit I have very limited Lair experience though. I'm dps.
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

Trust me... In this one you don't need much. Just be prepared to run like hell, and ensure if possible you have rocket jump. It can help.

Oh and at one stage there's a part where you dont want to move at all. Just shoot the boss. You'll see it. :)
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Post by Chaosetor »

witsfool wrote:I'd like to join. I freely admit I have very limited Lair experience though. I'm dps.
Well that is not a problem as the raid bears no resemblance to a lair. As long as you have decent gear, and you read the guides I have posted, you should be fine :D Since you wish to join, I will sign you up as part of the first 13 sign ups. If you have any questions, feel free post here, or simply ask in-game :)

On a general note, we still need two tanks and one leech healer, if we cannot find any in the cabal that wish to join we may have to move the raid, or try to pug those from the LFG chat.
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Dreadzilla

Post by Dreadzilla »

I should be able to tank it. never done it before but it doesn't look to crazy