May be posted to by: Applicants +
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Re: [DRABBLES] Mellified

Post by Floryn »

end
onion
lemon
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

She slammed down her cheese and onion pasty and scrambled out of the greasy-spoon café. She was sure she’d caught a glimpse of Floryn being chased by a woman with red hair.

She caught them up in a one-way street - Floryn backed up against the wall. Mellified could feel the air getting warmer the closer she got and the woman started to smoke. Her clothes burst into flames and bizarrely, her head became a mini-volcano. Floryn lobbed an ice manifestation, she fired off a cold-wave, and the woman became an icicle.

Floryn wheezed: “I knew she was hot stuff Mel!”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

The wind was coming up at Hawkins Field Airport.

“... did anyone come to visit me? Did you actually see me?”

Katelin grimaced and put down her coffee cup.

“We were allowed to see you for around the first two weeks. They had you in a room with lots of windows and a bed that tracked the sun - you reminded me of a plant needing maximum light for photosynthesis. Then, without warning, you were ‘off-limits’ for visits. Any questions about you were discouraged and I could tell that Sonnac was worried. They gave us status reports and one day you reappeared.”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

She threw down her lemon (she had been squeezing it over her fish and chips in the greasy-spoon café) and took off after Floryn and the woman with the sparkly and tight white outfit. She sprinted towards them - static beginning to make her hair fan out behind her.

She saw arcs of electricity jumping around wildly at the end of the one-way street. Luckily Floryn was wearing non-slip rubber soled shoes (as per regulations) and so was unaffected. Between them they managed to defuse the woman.

Floryn crackled: “What a shame - there had been a real spark between us Mel!”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

She put down her fork (Damn, that pie was good - what a surprise in a greasy-spoon café) and picked up her smart-phone. Mellified kept her eye on Floryn being chased by a long-legged woman and the Benny Hill theme song started running around her head.

Time to finish this.

She logged onto the dating site using Floryn’s credentials. His password was Aeipathy1 (Katelin had once defined the word for them in a doomed attempt at team-improvement) and deleted his account.

She queued up to pay her bill and sauntered off towards the one-way street, whistling ‘Yakety Sax’ as she went.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

Nice ones :)

webcam
composing
marathon

LeM:)rt
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Jamaica - River Mumma is tremendously angry and upset. She’s hidden away in the underground section of Cave River and isn’t coming out - water levels are dropping and fish are dying.

Mellified’s chosen to seek her out and patch things up. Important - don’t look at her and be scrupulously clean. Undressing in a portable shower and unwrapping a packet of Blue Power Carbolic Soap she gets a scent memory so strong that she almost slips and falls:

A small kitchen (1930’s?) - a tin bath - hot water poured from a kettle - Lifebuoy carbolic soap making her skin come up red and blotchy
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Richard Sonnac looked visibly shaken and took a deep breath before composing himself. His hand moved away from the panic button under his desk and with a barely perceptible nod he signalled to his staff.

He stood up, smoothing non-existent ruffles from his immaculate dress uniform. Mellified had obviously caught him just before an important function. He moved to the wall and his left hand brushed a piece of the woodwork. As a hidden door silently slid open he moved to one side and gestured for her to go through first. She could feel the sub-zero chill from where she stood.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Egypt - Mellified knew that Floryn was not happy. She suggested going to a club at the end of the street. They sat, but she excused herself. An announcement was made:

“Ladies and Gentlemen - The Dung Beatles”

Lights went up on a small stage - and there was RippleDrums (on drums … obviously), LeMorteith on guitar and Mellified on shaky bass. All with beatles wigs.

The Rickenbacker, wig and round glasses were waiting for Floryn. They played the intro as he got ready and recognising the song he began to sing:

“What would you think if I sung out of tune …”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

“Seems like it will take more than a few cheap Beatles wigs and a gig to lift Floryn out of his depression”

Antanahe nodded, suppressing a grin while showing Mellified the phone-footage of The Dung Beatles all shaking their wigs during the “Yeah”s in ‘She Loves You’. An audience member shuffled past, back to the camera, obscuring the lens with a large shapeless coat seemingly made of carpet tiles.

“Where have I seen that before?” thought Mellified. It bothered her all day, until she went to the archives and pulled up the webcam footage of Floryn’s rather eventful dates.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees