Nine Swords - Dynamic Duo Competition!

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Which Duo are your winners?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:12 pm

bOOgied and Ceilidaer
30%
AssCobra and xxSnowwhitexx
70%

Total votes: 10

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Nine Swords - Dynamic Duo Competition!

Post by Katelin »

Valentines day is incoming, so we are quite appropriately launching a couples themed competition. It has a twist though! Who is your ingame match in Nine Swords? Not specifically the match you want to snuggle up and get all smoochy with - but your teaming partner. We want to see screenshots of you together with your dynamic Nine Swords DUO partner! We also want to hear from you why you think you make a good gaming pair.

Couples prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- 1st Prize - a pair of Nemain Signets (2x Signets will be given to the couple, ie. 1 each)
- 2nd Prize - a pair of Sprints (2x Arachnoid Cycles will be given to the couple, ie. 1 each)
- 3rd Prize - a pair of Outfits (1x Artic Explorer, 1 x Oni Soldier Skin (Thank you whoever put this in cabal bank!) ie. 1 outfit each)

This competition is open to all members of Nine Swords.

You can each only make ONE entry - however, just because someone chose YOU as their match, doesn't mean you are stuck with them *winks* You can also submit your screenshot and a reason why you think you make a great duo with someone else!

You can enter your screenshot and text in this thread here.
Competition is open until the 23rd February 2020, 12noon GMT.
A vote will then be started in this thread to vote on the winners! Winners will be announced in our March issue of The Sword's Edge.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Katelin
Leader

Re: Nine Swords - Dynamic Duo Competition!

Post by Katelin »

You guys have just over a week left to enter! Get posting :D
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
b00gied

Post by b00gied »

I have run with many since TSW, but I met this lovely lady who wanted to run things and be the best at helping the community and giving us things to do. We have run so many events there, and here and continue to do so. As I tanked with original build she was always my healer. One of the best times was creating raid teams for the rider in the Samhain event, we took those runs to a whole new level. Good times!
Attachments
boogiedceili.png
boogiedceili.png (4.6 MiB) Viewed 2684 times
Ceili

Post by Ceili »

To follow bOOgied's comments above...what he doesn't tell you is that in TSW I was all dps, all the time. It wasn't until SWL that I stepped into healing, trying to help him out if I could. I found I really liked it, and we worked together to get our own achievements and help others get theirs (e10 HR, oh my goodness). And, boy, do dungeons pop more quickly when you had both roles covered, haha!

I would not have tried healing or jumping (I'm terrible at it, but bOOgied made me keep at it until I got it), and if you told me I'd be tanking, I'd say you were crazy but he helped me learn to do it. It's fun to help everyone reach their goals, and he's definitely helped me with more than a few of mine.

So, I'm sure you'll see some classics from us again soon...like our Kingsmouth to KD lair run (all 9 back to back), more e10 nyr ….well, you get the idea....
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Just under 2 days to go to enter.. otherwise, our only entry wins as default ;)
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

I'm being consistent in whom I write love letters to on Valentines.
215280_20200221170719_1.jpg
215280_20200221170719_1.jpg (532.43 KiB) Viewed 2663 times

Because she follows me everywhere, is always there when I need her, she makes my day brighter and is awesome interlocutor. She does her best at being helpful which I really appreciate too. SWL is so much better with her around.
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

DW - it has to be a person in the cabal :) The competition is: "Who is your ingame match in Nine Swords? " Your cat cannot equip a signet, nor ride on the bike.. or wear the clothes. Sorry :)
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

I didn't say it's viable entry. 😏
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Crux Maximus

Post by Crux Maximus »

Since Snow and I joined the cabal several months ago, we've gone from roughly 400 IP to almost 1000 IP taking almost every step together. We've learned and cussed and overcome challenges so many times, I can't think of a more patient, skilled and enjoyable comrade. So, that's why she's my running buddy. I guess she's enjoyed my company too. She's still here, jumping to greet me every day we sign in.

She introduced me to this game and, essentially, taught me everything I needed to know. I can still remember the first day, running down the street from the Sheriff's office in Kingsmouth toward Sycoil Oil, thinking "how cool is this? Zombies everywhere! And the sound design, my gosh. Tremendous then, and still inspiring to this day.

Having played TSW Classic, Snow knew much about TSWL, and she happily shared *most* of her secrets. We've run every map in this game together, me usually following her as she would check the "map, map, map," for where we needed to be next. Often times, I would die and have to ask: "where are you?" She'd say: "Look on the map!"

She's A-OK and a definite asset to the 9Swords cabal!

AssCobra-2020-02-21-17-42-37.png
AssCobra-2020-02-21-17-42-37.png (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2644 times
AssCobra-2020-02-21-16-36-14.png
AssCobra-2020-02-21-16-36-14.png (3.45 MiB) Viewed 2644 times
AssCobra-2020-02-21-16-20-08.png
AssCobra-2020-02-21-16-20-08.png (2.4 MiB) Viewed 2644 times
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

It is 10 minutes past noon - so competition closed. Poll incoming to choose place 1 and place 2 :D