Meanwhile, somewhere else...

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Meanwhile, somewhere else...

Post by Xeeyon »

(( See here for explanation on this thread. ))

She squinted her eyes, her fingers blemishing around the phone handle.

"No. No no no no. You don't understand... I need that phone yesterday.
— ...
— Budget?! Don't talk to me about budget. If you check correctly, you'll see we're still under the budget.
— ...
— Nearing it, maybe, but it's not busted. Did you decide to split that limit on a monthly basis while I wasn't looking?
— ...
— Right. Well, let me make this clear. You get that phone to me or I will pay you a daily visit. You have no idea what's at stake here.
— ...
— Not a threat, I just can be very persistent. Check who the expenses were for, but don't put a quota. Job's dangerous, you should know that better than the average Jack on the street. If Sonnac can't reach our division, do you think he'll be happy that such a petty detail prevents us from answering his call? I'll make sure to drop a name then.
— ...
— I knew we'd reach an understanding. Nine Swords headquarters, Rapier division, our address is on file. Thank you kindly and have a nice day, miss."

She didn't wait for the secretary to reply before firmly putting the phone down, careful not to hit it too hard... then grabbed a note pad and quickly scribbled "Ask for budget raise for phones."
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Re: Meanwhile, somewhere else...

Post by Xeeyon »

Izumi looked down at the phone. It was slick, streamlined, and quite cryptic.

"That is not what I entered, you digital piece of — " She pressed "cancel" but the interface, instead of returning to the address input screen, went back to the list of contacts. She closed her eyes, took a long, deep, slow breath. "Okay... Okay. Let's try that again..."

Twenty minutes later, she finished adding her contacts in the new phone. Now, to create a group for messaging purposes...
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Conlan pulled back the drapes over the window looking down on the street below, the rooftop across the way and then the sky. His other hand holding his phone to his ear.
"No, not magical just haunted"
"Just preform a cleansing, give the spirits some peace."
"Voices?"
"huh, Demon maybe?"
"Exorcise it then"
"Any creed will do just make sure who ever is doing it is a believer."
"Yeah, when it's done sell it."
"No, if it's done right it'll just be an antique dagger."
"No Templars keep the really dangerous stuff. --Like I said do it right and the threat is gone."
"It's old and was used to kill people, of course it is."
"If your not sure then turn it over to the librarian, and he'll take care of it."
"ok"
"Sounds like you have a plan then."
"You, too. G'luck"

He taps the screen hanging up and then closes the drapes.
Beaubelle

Post by Beaubelle »

Silke takes down her dreamcatcher that is hanging above her bed, moving to the bathroom.
She fills the basin with lukewarm water adding some soapflakes.
Soaking it into the water she mumbles: "I have to dream less of Egypt, my dreamcatcher is getting way to dusty in such a short time!"
Loribee

Post by Loribee »

New York 9AM

"Christ, you were supposed to be in hair and makeup thirty minutes ago - and don't even think of giving me any NY traffic bullshit young lady"

"Lovely to see you too Alex" I said

"Whatever. Look, if it was up to me, I would have been on the phone to another agency 29 and a half-minutes ago. But Stuart insisted it was you for the shoot"

"What can I say .. I just exude Weitzman." I fluttered my lashes playfully

"Yeah right honey. You and every other model in the Big Apple." he said as he bustled away

--

"Mwah, Mwah - Long time no see sweetie" said Patricia Evans. She was doing hair and makeup for the shoot

"Hey Pat.. sorry I'm late. I was ..um.. unavoidably detained" .

I left it at that. Leaving out the part about it being by rampant demons from a hell dimension opened by a crazy British occultist was probably a good idea.

"Well they're still working out the lighting and set. So you're not exactly holding things up... A just likes a reason to have his hissy-fits though" she winked

"O-M-G !! what happened to your hair . it’s a mess .. good job 'tousled' is still in. Sure, we have time, but not enough to do a full on straightening"

"Now, sit down, relax and tell me all about what's new"

"Oh you know, same old same old. Nothing much really" I tried to make it sound convincing as I could.

..And hoped to God she did not find any demon bits lodged in my hair ..

--

Lori
Et In Arcadia Ego
Succubus
Twitter: @FlammableCat

Post by Succubus »

He looked at her with penetrating eyes. She felt naked, not physically but down to her soul. He knew. And he also knew that she was aware of it. He walked closer to her, his predator grin showed her his sharp teeth. She imagined how it would feel to let those teeth sink into her neck. Her heart started to beast faster and the look in his eyes showed her that he could hear it. Or feel it, she did not know.

"Please... I have begged you not to do that...". She winced and look up at Father Lucian. She felt how the blood rising in her face.

"I am sorry Father. Sometimes they are so... tempting... but I shall respect your hospitality." The vampire gave her another look, this time with a bit of amused contempt as he passed her.

She stood as frozen to the ground, her pulse racing. Oh, how she hated bloodsuckers...
Last edited by Succubus on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venator

Post by Venator »

"One, two, three" - murmured Venator, slowly moving with closed eyes, trying to keep his balance, center of mass and movements perfect. Slowly moving his right hand with sword in it, in gentle slashing move, focused on cutting through imaginary flesh, tendons and bone.

And then the phone buzzed.

"Sacrebleu!" - Venator resorted to his favourite cursing language, and with a tense wavelike motion, hurled the 40" sword towards the buzzing. Luckily, he missed it, and tempered steel buried itself into the wooden wall of training hall just a fraction from where his jacket was hanging, with the source of damned buzzing in the pocket.

"Blood and Guts International on the line!"
"..."
"Mm, my apologies, just forgot to turn the phone off while busy. How may I help you?"
-
"Erm, scarecrows running away? They are hostile or something?"
-
"So, you are doing an international call by secure line, during a worldwide wannabe apocalypse, because crows are stripping clean your strawberry bushes?!"
-
"Okay. Try just to tie them better next time, guess wiggling will be even more effective as crow repellant."
-
"You're welcome..."

Venator presses the finish call button - "...dolt." and finishes his sentence.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

The screen blinked a long, long time, downloading messages. When the progress bar finally reached completion, the bad news fell.

"You have 40 new messages." Two seconds later, there was a soft thud as Izumi's forehead met the desk.

"I miss my old phone..."
*thud*
"With its enter button needing firm convincing to work..."
*thud*
"The little dent on the corner that kept catching on the lining of my pocket..."
*thud*
Beaubelle

Post by Beaubelle »

Silke stands into the library of the Templeclub. Her eyes hover over the numerous books stored there.

"Oh my, how will I ever be able to find it?"

She turns to look around, seeing a man dusting the backs of the books.

"Sorry to disturb you, Monsieur, I was wondering if you could help me find a book in here".

"Indeed I can, Miss, I know this place in and out, what were you looking for?

"I wanted to read a book of Pooh!"

"Pooh? Winnie the Pooh?"

"No, Edgard Allen Pooh, the Raven one".

"Oooh, Poe, you mean!"

"That's what I said yes, Pooh!"

The man looks her up and down, but then turns walking to the other side of the space. Carefully he takes out a small booklet, dusting it first before handing it over.

"Here you are Miss, 'The Raven' from Edgar Allen Poe", pronouncing the last word very clearly. "Be careful with it, you can only read it in here, give it back to me when you're finished, so I'm sure it ends up in the right spot again."

Silke excepts it like a little treasure, walks to a chair nearby to sit down and read.
She frowns when she advances in the reading.

"How sad and melancholic symbolism he gives to the raven, one would become scared to see them around!"

Silke closes the book and returns it back the the man, who inspects it first to see if there are no stains on it.
In deep thought Silke leaves the place, talking to herself.

"I know Castaneda says sometimes they're not always real raven, but magicians, shapeshifters in their form. But if they are real ones, they are quite nice when you are nice too ofcourse, same with the crows".

The guards at the entrance look at her strangely when she passes them and hear her say:
"One should not shoot the messengers!"
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Thick smoke rose from the dimly lit circle of deep leather chairs. A crystal ashtray in the middle of the table held a lit cigar. Conlan hung his head, his fingers moving over the beads of his rosary around his wrist. After some time of silence he lifts his head and touches his forehead, heart, and shoulders finishing his gesture by kissing the worn and rusty cross on his prayer bracelet.

"Don't be stupid Paul... The house can be replaced..." he mutters under his breath.