A Bee, Magic powers and the revolving door to the Afterlife

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Vapaad

A Bee, Magic powers and the revolving door to the Afterlife

Post by Vapaad »

So that is more or less how my Tuesday started, could never get the hang of Tuesdays to be honest. you'd think it be more of Wednesdays' been the problem, they are Odin's day after all, but nope Tuesdays it is for me (maybe I said something stupid of Tyr in a previous life?)
Anyway, I was asleep for the bee part, but have in a rather good authority that it was a bee that I swallowed.
Not a Bee-bee, that is to say: African, africanized or traditional good ole honey bee... no, it was some sort of magical one, there was this weird dream too with two people, one white one dark and with face tattoos (quite sure it is either a Sith or maybe a Maori, though he didn't had the build for the latter or the emaciated look for the former) and me swallowing a whole lotta bees.
That is how I woke up.

Things got progressively weirder from then on.
For one, I kinda, sorta, made a mess of my apartment, real mess of it, white-blue flames spontaneously appearing and messing things up bad (and my reaction to it, that, to be perfectly honest, wasn't the best)
So a few days latter (I am very sure I might have lost my old job, I missed quite a few days but what could I do? call and say magical fire was manifesting off my fingers and all around me? call a doctor? sure, I am not the bastion of sanity I thought I was but either were is a ticket to the funny farm, so I just did nothing)
And then she came.
She said many things, and gave me a letter... as Sonnac would say, stop me if you've heard it before
But curious as I am, afflicted by either insanity or superpowers and with an invitation from a secret society I decided to give it a shot.
At that point I knew I had lost my job (my former boss had been very livid, apparently there had been this deadline and well, anyway he made a litany of woes that would befall me if I ever set foot on the office, he even had a thesaurus for that :/ wonder if the organization has some good labor lawyers? I mean it is a pittance for them, but... never mind I digress) and needed a new source of income, not to mention a way to control my magical fire eruptions (yeah, let's call em that, sounds good enough) they made a mess of my apartment, (not to myself, though, at least not physically, that is a bonus, I hope) and my future.
So there I went to Ealdwic, good thing the letter came with air fare and paperwork (too bad it was coach, there was this three year old that cried most of the way and, not to mention, the food was atrocious) So a cab ride latter I was there in Ealdwic, magnet of the weird, the occult and, not to mention, the very open HQ of the Templars (not the Knights Templar, seems they were an offshoot, but I digress and I am sure Sonnac gave you that line too...)
Sure, the Mascarade is Cracking, specially after the Tokyo thing, whatever it was, but to think that one of the shadowy organizations that controls the world has an in plain sight very open, roomy and classy HQ? that is mind boggling, I tell you! (The uniforms seems a tad too much, though, and a tad stiff too, but they are something I can get used to, soonish)

Anyway there was this female detective that marked me the way, warned me off about waving the letter of introduction I've gotten (still given how open the HQ is, I think either there is some serious warding worked around Ealdwic or some incredible BS being spinned by our media people, anyway what I mean is this, if the HQ is in plain sight, what is wrong with showing around a little piece of paper?).Seems a little jaded, but seemed on the level, so I heed her advice.

So, I went in the rabbit hole and deeper into Ealdwic and into the Templars Hold...