Escalation

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Arcadius

Escalation

Post by Arcadius »

Escalation

((A quick note: Any further OOC comments should be posted on the OOC thread in The Cabinet))

A sharp rap on thick mahogany.

A muffled “Come in!” in reply.

With a heavy shove, a gloved hand pushed the austere old wood around the pivot, revealing the crimson-and-white office of Richard Sonnac. From behind the door, the gloved hand transformed into an arm, then a whole human body, that of Alexander Williams. In his simple red coat and grey slacks, he didn’t make for much of a Templar, regardless of color scheme. From his desk, Richard glanced up for a second, before placing his black pen on the desk. He weaved his fingers together, gently resting them on top of his documents.

“And so our prospective “DI” returns! How did your little hunt go, Mr. Williams?” Mr. Sonnac’s voice was as controlled as ever, revealing next to nothing of his true emotions.

“Pleasure to see you again too, sir. I have the report right here.” Alexander quickly shuffled into the room, ruffling a few pieces of white print paper in his hands. Placing them down in front of his liaison with utmost care, he then took modest steps backwards.

Mr. Sonnac’s lip curled down at the side, an almost uncharacteristic sight for Alexander. He glanced up at the young Templar, before sliding his right hand over the small set of documents.

“I see you still refuse to submit your work in the proper folders, hmm?”

“I just printed the files out, sir.”

“You do remember we have standards to abide by,” Mr. Sonnac scolded while perusing the papers with his eyes. His brow furrowed. An uncomfortable minute passed before he spoke again.

“I must ask you to forgive me, Mr. Williams. My hands have been woefully tied up in Venetian Silk, which our Council loves to wrap the Factions up in. Therefore I haven’t been able to follow the progress on the case. I’m sure you understand. Do you have a few minutes to spare, just to help fill in the blanks?”

Alexander nodded in compliance. “I’d be glad to, sir.”

Sonnac leaned in his chair, calling out to the guardsmen posted at the doors. “Would you please bring a seat for this man?” The guard grunted, in response to serving such a “green” Templar.

The stoic New Blood returned his focus to his agent. “Now, as you were?”

Alexander coughed into his hand before speaking up again, “We’ve made a breakthrough concerning the trafficking reports.”

The guard stepped back into the room, carrying a small armchair for the young Templar. Alexander thanked him, who barely paid him any notice as he returned to his post. Both Alexander’s and Mr. Sonnac’s brows furrowed at this.
“Right, as I was saying, my team found a third unmarked van just outside of Ealdwic today. We kept an eye out for a while before setting up a sting.”

“More psychoactives this time?”

“Yes, but the sting operation recovered something a little more disturbing.” Alexander reached over the table, rifling through the papers, surprising Mr. Sonnac with his lack of grace. A few awkward moments later, and Alexander produced a picture, taken by the investigation unit for the official report. He held the photograph up for his liaison to see. Mr. Sonnac took the photo; an expression of confusion mixed with a flash of fear crossed his face.

“It seems the occult black market is still expanding, given the current global situation, wouldn’t you agree, Mr. Williams?”

“It would seem so.”

“Have any suspects been identified?”

“Two have been detained, sir. We detained them an hour ago. They’re in a secure location at the moment”

“Are they set for interrogation?”

“I’m working on who I want to handle it, but I should be ready soon. Will we have any other assets available if this becomes a problem?”

Mr. Sonnac’s detached from the paper, giving Alexander a chiding glare. “You do remember what I said about Venetian Silk, correct?”

“Yes, sir.”

Sonnac leaned forward in his seat. “Given that we’ve deployed most of our agents across the globe, we won’t have the resources to handle this one, “In house”, as it were.”

Alexander only nodded.

Mr. Sonnac adjusted his suit, rising from the seat. “We don’t have the manpower. But I do believe you can help us acquire what we need. Not so much as you by yourself, that is.”

“Sir?”

“I’d like to schedule a meeting with your friends in the Nine Swords.”

--------------------------
That evening at the mansion of the Nine Swords, a piece of white computer paper with large, simple black print appeared on the noticeboard.

To the members of the Nine Swords,

We have received a petition from our parent organization to respond to occult black-market trafficking in the London area. I am assembling a team to handle the situation before it moves beyond our, and Templar control. All members of Nine Swords are encouraged to apply. A meeting will be held in a weeks time to discuss the ins and outs of the situation.

- Alexander Arcadius Williams

A simple trafficking mission. That was a lie.
I once tried playing Blind Man's Bluff with a Tarot Deck. Someone got the Ten of Swords, and well, that was the end of that.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Re: Escalation

Post by Kotts »

Conlan stops in passing to read the new bulletin board post, then notes down Alexander's cell number. He makes his way to the porch for a drink and smoke.
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Jenn paused by the bulletin board, glancing over the notices. Her eyes flickered over Willaims' posting... and then snapped back to it. "Oh, bloody hell... someone told Sonnac...?"

She glanced around quickly to make sure no one had heard that little outburst, then grabbed her cell out of her jacket pocket and keyed in the number.
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Beaubelle

Post by Beaubelle »

Silke passes the noticeboard, the crispy white paper catches her eye. She stops a minute to read it.

"Occult black-market trafficking? Of rare things, stolen things or things sold without tax on them? Or rare stolen things sold without tax? Rare probably for certain, and that is not good, might fall in wrong or inexperienced hands!"

Silke frowns her forehead.

"Or does it mean rare stolen things in wrong hands sold without tax to the inexperienced?" Silke mutters while moving on in deep thoughts. "They'll probably tell more at the meeting!"