NM Ankh

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Jennet

Re: NM Ankh

Post by Jennet »

Reap and Sew is back, but it no longer will work for everyone's defensive target. It leeches properly to the person doing the damage, so no more passing on a healer by having everyone heal the tank with that one shot.
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Cardiac Arrest in blood, and Muzzle in fists have a good range so that said DPS won't have to get uncomfortably close. These are also healer weapons too... But hit rating will have to be high enough, and they will be busy.
Sumner

Post by Sumner »

I'd feel more comfortable with a DPS doing, but I suppose a healer could. I know blood DPS builds are plausible, and was actually my thought at first. And if you're DPS, you better have a high hit rating.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

I've been looking at a blood AR DPS build I've been meaning to try that includes CA. Muzzle could work with a fist healer if they slot Pack Leader (?) 80% additional chance to not miss/glance... Again that's valuable seconds taken from healing I don't like it either.
Sumner

Post by Sumner »

I ran pistols/blood til I got to the gatekeeper and swapped to my current ar/pistols build. The original build would give both the stun, and a chance to cleanse the tank.
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Samcon and I use blood dps. I think Volen does too? Cardiac arrest is great for impairs. The setup I watched on this fight was done with a blood/ar healer and was extremely barrier heavy. They announced when the healer was going to have to concentrate on that extra damage. I wouldn't want to trust that the healer has time to cast Cardiac Arrest preceding a potentially heavy damage phase, but I suppose if it works it won't be a heavy damage phase.
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

Here was a pretty cool youtube video of this fight as well explaining how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vm2OmJA ... Vm2OmJAdn4
Samcon

Post by Samcon »

It can't be interrupted, the general tactic is R&S so the dps heal the tank or just lotsa heals. Also mobs cant be blocked/evaded/glanced so its primarily a %mitigation skills build that will be way more effective than normal. Protection may help unless everything hits for filth damage, not sure on that never been past Klein in NM.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Klein's Stink-eye-o-doom is filth damage, so yeah R&S seems the way to go indeed.
Esthyr

Post by Esthyr »

Thanks all for the help. Much better video than i found.

The healers will have their hands full so dps should pop any buffs possible. Think we have a game plan for next time.

Fist healer- radiance
Ar/blood healer-barriers + reap and sew

Dps-pistol-deadly aim/backup drone/greater good
Shotgun-flak jacket/def turret

Tank-unfair advantage/forged in fire