Have you ever seen the rain?

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Succubus
Twitter: @FlammableCat

Re: Have you ever seen the rain?

Post by Succubus »

Katja does not seem to have noticed the arm as she avoiding a puddle.

"Oh? That's nice. London must be a great place to be in for a historian? I mean with all the libraries and the museums?"
Finnean

Post by Finnean »

“Quite right, more books and artifacts to be found here than I have time for, sadly enough. It’s my fellow academics (he makes sure he puts some extra intonation in that word) that I try to avoid. To be frank I realised this when last I was at a convention and the speaker posed the question “Where was the Magna Charta signed?”. I can assure you when a fellow from the crowd yelled “on the bottom” and the entire hall bursted out from laughter, I had to admit that perhaps historians as a group aren’t the coolest of the bunch.” A comforting smile on his face as he looks at Katja. “So tell me, miss Holm, what is it that is of interest to you?”

William notices the rather large puddle of water in front of them and gallantly let’s Katja go around it first extending his arms as far as possible to make sure the umbrella remains at least partly over her.
"He is patient, forbearing, and resigned, on philosophical principles; he submits to pain, because it is inevitable, to bereavement, because it is irreparable, and to death, because it is his destiny." Extract from William's personality file
Succubus
Twitter: @FlammableCat

Post by Succubus »

Katja smiles. "So you became an historian but you do not appreciate fellow historians company? Interesting..."

About his question she looks thoughtful for a while. "I hate that question since I believe I'm probably one of those boring people without many hobbies... I mean, I love to travel but since my work I'm not sure that can call... well, it's an interest at least. Even though it's not at all the same to travel in work as it in when you do it out of pleasure. I also love to cook so I guess that is also one interest of mine."