NY Raid Thursday 12 February 2015 19:50 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Re: NY Raid Thursday 12 February 2015 19:50 GMT

Post by BrokenPieces »

Witsfool, you signed up for NM dungeons at the same time. Please, verify your calendar.
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
witsfool

Post by witsfool »

Sorry, I didn't realize they were conflicting, but I believe that Vikestart has changed the Thursday time to not interfere with the Raid
BrokenPieces

Post by BrokenPieces »

The teams are as follows:

1. Katelin (Tank)
2. BrokenPieces (Tank)
3. Durendal (Heals)
4. Risuka (Leech)
5. Floryn (Buffs)

6. MissRhythm (Adds)
7. Misbeliever (Adds)
8. Mellified (Buffs)
9. Witsfool (DPS)
10. Atanahe (DPS)

Reserves:
1. Zenway (DPS)
2. Ashdizle (Heals/Leech)

Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by BrokenPieces on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
Zen

Post by Zen »

Melee deeps (preferred) / DABS.
ashdizle

Post by ashdizle »

ashdizle, fist heals/ar leech
BrokenPieces

Post by BrokenPieces »

Ashdizle, Can you pod while fist healing? I ask for future reference.
BrokenPieces

Post by BrokenPieces »

We had not much luck tonight. We were definitely low at DPS. The builds were not optimised - e.g. builders with cast time. Please, consider changing Safety Off to Hip Fire with passive, or changing Bloodline to Ignite (in Blood/Ele build).

I would like to remind that we have a great DPS guide for NY Raid that can be found in our forum: The Basics on How to do High Raid DPS.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

BrokenPieces wrote:We had not much luck tonight. We were definitely low at DPS. The builds were not optimised - e.g. builders with cast time. Please, consider changing Safety Off to Hip Fire with passive, or changing Bloodline to Ignite (in Blood/Ele build).

I would like to remind that we have a great DPS guide for NY Raid that can be found in our forum: The Basics on How to do High Raid DPS.
That sucks you guys had issues tonight, but you have to be careful telling people to change builders (Well, bloodline at least. Swapping to Hip Fire + Passive over Safety Off isn't really an issue.)

Changing Bloodline to Ignite in Blood\Ele, changes the entire basis of the build. Ignite is for Ele/Blood builds, which are traditional EF rotation builds, while Bloodline is for Blood/Ele Bloodshot spam builds using Finish the Movement to generate 2 blood resources with every cast. So unless the person using Bloodline isn't using Finish the Movement and Bloodshot (And if they're a Blood DPS not using Bloodshot, you've got a bigger problem than builders), they'd be better sticking with Bloodline.

Also, Safety Off is completely fine in NYR too. The issue with builders with a cast time was that there used to be a noticeable lag associated with them (It was fixed in issue 9), meaning it increased your rotations because they actually took more than one second to cast, when they should only take 1 second.

So as long as cast-time builders don't cause people to mess up their rotations (I still find it easier to time my builders with Hip Fire than Safety Off, though I use Safety off in my AR DPS builds now), there's no real problem with cast time builders ... as long as people stand in the right spot during Phase 1.

Most DPS have a tendency to stand off to either the right, or left side of the grate when fighting the lurker, and that's a mistake. Stand in the middle, where the tanks stand. When in the middle, you can easily walk out of the fists while casting anything. No need to dodge, no need to really stop DPS. This also means the snares on many cast-time builders aren't an issue. You can keep building and walk out of a fist fine. It also means people don't accidentally active dodge into the filth and die.

That being said, reading that guide is a fantastic help, and everyone, DPS or not, should read it, even if the cast-time builders information has been out of date since the fix in Issue 9. Though, if you have high latency, skipping cast-time builders might not be a bad idea still.
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

Aberlour wrote: Changing Bloodline to Ignite in Blood\Ele, changes the entire basis of the build. Ignite is for Ele/Blood builds, which are traditional EF rotation builds, while Bloodline is for Blood/Ele Bloodshot spam builds using Finish the Movement to generate 2 blood resources with every cast. So unless the person using Bloodline isn't using Finish the Movement and Bloodshot (And if they're a Blood DPS not using Bloodshot, you've got a bigger problem than builders), they'd be better sticking with Bloodline.
Which is what Miss R does as Blood Ele. 3 Bloodshots every time through. Though I could probably get better at hitting them at the right time.

I think more of the issues were people dying to fists, the old bad filth placement in 3rd stage, and the couple of times we did get to Final Resort it walloped 5-6 every time.

EDIT: Though now MIssR has the gear to pull Ciritty's suggested Blood /Ele build off: http://www.tswdb.com/builds/dungeon-dps ... elemental/

I might try that instead.
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Rick Fortune wrote: I think more of the issues were people dying to fists, the old bad filth placement in 3rd stage, and the couple of times we did get to Final Resort it walloped 5-6 every time.
Yeah, DPS dying to fists seems to be common. Standing away from the tank is hard habit to break as a DPS, but learning to stand in the middle, and not off to the sides, is one of the best things a DPS can do in NYR. Well that, and learn not to filth the ranged circle in phase 3, which is much harder to learn.