Manufactory Breached Elite: Sat 21 Nov 1900 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Aberlour
SWL Community

Re: Manufactory Breached Elite: Sat 21 Nov 1900 GMT

Post by Aberlour »

Awesome. I am glad you guys stuck with it. Who ended up tanking?
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Aberlour wrote:Awesome. I am glad you guys stuck with it. Who ended up tanking?
I took the build Chaosetor posted and went with it. I ended up over 10k health and little pen because of trying to get my Block up. Also, it's kind of a hectic job first time, even when you find in practice there's not a lot of impairing on the elite version. I sure found out the value of the dashes, though. It's a good build. Thanks, Chaos!
Last edited by Yuriksha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Awesome. Congrats then. And yeah, the first few dungeons are hectic when learning to tank. Even the ones you've run a ton of times as a DPS or healer, let alone one you are unfamiliar with.
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

And I did my first AEGIS healing. Once I sussed out how to set up El Torqs for healing it worked nicely. That squid boss is great fun and the last boss is very cool as well.
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

That was good fun!
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Marlolini
Twitter: Marlolini

Post by Marlolini »

good job guys!
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Post by Chaosetor »

There is not a lot of impairing going on in NM either, except for on the 3rd and 5th bosses. The build I posted is a fairly standard tanking build and works well in most dungeons, though you won't do much DPS with it. It is neat for those encounters that require ranged impairs or some extra mitigation, I personally use it (or some modified version of it) when I tank MFA/MFB while I use blade/hammer for most of the 48s.

Having 10k HP in MFB is not a bad thing at all, in NM it is fairly standard to hae 9k+ HÅ for most of the bosses, so getting used to the idea in Elite is good practice.

As for healing, you might find it disadvantageous to have autoswap on for AEGIS healing, shields have automatic shield regeneration, and DPS shouldn't take damage so often that their shields cannot regenerate themselves, especially not since each enemy only does one type of shield damage anyway. The 1 second cooldown makes autoswap annoying in NM, though I imagine it works quite well in Elite.

Some mechanic spoilers, only read if you want to
Beware of Spoiler!   
I should note that the reason you should take martial discipline, illision and possibly smoke & mirrors for the 4th boss is that the challenge you face inside is different depending on your role. As a DPS you kill stuff before it kills you, as a healer you heal someone who kills the enemy for you and as a tank you face an enemy who takes damage when he glances you or when his attacks are blocked or evaded by you.

On the 3rd boss you will want to impair lean winter from the wendigo, thunderbolt form the mummy, branch whip from the padurii and contaminate from the colossus. Remember to never cleanse when you have spectres as they do not like cleanses, and never impair a deathless. When you get scarecrows, it is imperative that the one who uses magic be killed first, while if you get draug the sorceress should be killed first, followed by the impaler. When the jinn spawns, it is common to stop DPSing everything else and focus the jinn as it cannot be exposed. Keep in mind that all hostile entities need to be killed before the encounter ends, this means that you sometimes have to kill things even after the jinn is dead. Having helter skelter is quite handy for the spirits that protect the padurii, this will root them to the ground for about 30 seconds, and they cannot reconnect with the padurii once they have been disconnected.

On the 5th boss, you should always kill the most dangerous drones first. First, you should kill AEGIS reconstruction drones. Buckler drones should always be killed last. It is up to the tank after that, but the usual order is to kill razor dance drones before ranged and melee pacification drones. It is very nice to open each encounter with stoicism and helter skelter to buy the group some time to move as well as ensure that you as a tank have aggro.
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Rick Fortune
Twitter: @TheRicksterTSW

Post by Rick Fortune »

It's OK. I only had auto swap on just in case I had to swap to a Blood using DPS who was bleeding themselves or just in case someone ate one of the waves you were supposed to jump on Squiddy. El Torqs made it pretty easy to set up once I sussed it out. :) But 99% of the time I had Yuri targeted and Friendly Shield setting on. All good. :)
New Name is 'Cholesterol' cause I keep giving people Cardiac Arrests.
Describing MissR's PvP modus operandi.

The two rules of 9S:
1) When in doubt, blame Endo.
2) If you cant blame Endo, blame Sonno.
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Post by Chaosetor »

Well that's what I mean, you don't need to heal their shield if the only damage they take is from blood offering :P Not really a problem in Elite, but once you get to NMs you will probably want to handle AEGIS swapping manually to avoid all the downtime from the damn AEGIS cooldown (damn the dev who came up with that idea! :P )
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.