What does your character name/s mean to you?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Jaque de Molay

Re: What does your character name/s mean to you?

Post by Jaque de Molay »

The name I used to use for all games was Diableus as it was a play on Diablo for when I started playing a lot of Ultima Online and then later Everquest.

As for my new character name Jaque De Molay it is more of me having a laugh and not taking the naming very seriously.
Kezi

Ok, another question

Post by Kezi »

how do you feel when you come across someone with 'your' name?

in SWTOR one of our guildies used Ashti, who was my main from AoC, as his legacy name, I didn't know whether to be flattered or freaked out, but the strangest thing was in TSW closed beta- I logged into SWTOR/AoC guild vent to see if anyone was around and found that several of the guys had got buddy keys and were in TSW, standing next to a Keziah Kezzy Ashwing and thinking it was me. I have no idea who it was but all 3 are my names from different games with different people.... coincidence or strange and freaky?
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Re: What does your character name/s mean to you?

Post by Xeeyon »

I've had a severe case of "alt-ism", translated in having several accounts, despite each account holding up to 8 characters per server... In order avoid redefining "wall-o-text damage", I'll spare you the story of my several past nicknames :P

I used Maxime Deveaux before game launch and reserved different variations of it. I didn't want to see my nick stolen like it happened in Age of Conan, after I posted my character's story on the main forums before that game launched (a mistake I will never do again). Also, I tried to remain quiet on the main forums, so that players would not be tempted to steal my nick and tread on my reputation...

Xee comes from Xeenah, my Anarchy Online character. I loved this little Opifex to death. Tussa, our guild master, made a Poser picture of her. She was my first online game character, but I had many since. However. this is the one I played the most over the years. She was created because I wanted Zeena, coming from "Crazy? Naaah...", but it was taken at the time. I didn't want to try rolling a "Xena", for obvious reasons (though I still got called the "warrior princess"... duh). Therefore, "Xeenah" was born.

When I joined the TSW forums in its early stages, I had to choose a username. I wasn't planning to bring Xeenah over to TSW. Xeenah belongs to AO. However, I've gotten so used to be called Xee that I decided to keep this part. But some games have a minimum of X characters for a name, and if it was 4 minimum, I didn't want to end up with "Xeee"... Ew. Then I had the flash: "Xee is on."

Thus Xeeyon is on TSW now :)