Grand Theft: Artifact

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Jennet

Re: Grand Theft: Artifact

Post by Jennet »

Jenn nearly collapsed when she heard a human voice on the other side of the phone call.

"Wes?! Wes, oh thank god Wes it's Jenn you've got to get to Edwards something happened and the artifact may be gone and you need to get a hold of Izumi and you need to see if anyone's been hurt and you need to get me a rifle and you need to get me a phone and are you and Bryn okay and did the bond wake you up? and..."

"Wes?"

"WES HOLY FECK SAY SOMETHING!"
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
wahoozerman

Post by wahoozerman »

Tom waited patiently while Wes fished out his phone and answered the call. As much as he wanted to rush off and finish smashing things, Wes might know something about what was going on. Hopefully that blood bond thing was working as advertised.

Tom took the phone, eyeballing the caller ID before answering. It squawked at him for a while and fell silent before he managed to pass it up to his ear. "This is Tom. Bit of an emergency at the moment Katja." He turned to walk towards the car, leaning against the door once he got there.
Succubus
Twitter: @FlammableCat

Post by Succubus »

Katja squeezed Jennets hand, in something that was supposed to mean comforting, when she started to screaming on Wes. She led Jennet towards the apartment, where she had the spare rifle.
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Jenn nearly stumbled over a street curb, talking into the phone. Kat's hand kept her upright and moving in the right direction.

"Tom?"
wahoozerman

Post by wahoozerman »

Tom's grip tightened on the phone. "Jenn? So the bees did get you, I thought as much." He stood a bit straighter. "I'm at Edwards, where are you?" He turned to look at Wes, covering the mouthpiece of the phone with a hand. "I assume you were in the alleyway because you found something? Tell me who did this."
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Jenn moved along with Kat, talking quickly, but more clearly. "You're at Edwards. Wes too then. Are you alright? I'm with Katja. We're stopping to get me something to shoot, and then we're on our way there."

She paused, catching her breath, finally. "We'll be there soon. They got the artifact... you already know that, probably. Be there soon. Has anyone reached Izumi? Going to hang up so we can get what we need and get there."

She said, into the phone, more quietly, as if reassuring herself, "You're there." Then. "Do you two know who did this yet? No, wait, don't tell me over the phone. I'll be there soon."
Succubus

Post by Succubus »

They had reached a area not far from Ealdwick but definitely in a worse neighborhood. Katja did not even glanced the small gang of guys who whistled after them. She reached a building, opened it with a key and pressed the elevator. Soon they reached the third floor, Katja unlocked the door who said Holm on it and hurried in, leaving Jen on the doormat. After a half minute she came back with a rifle in her hands who she reached out to jennet.

"Do you need anything else?"
Torvus

Post by Torvus »

Wes nodded and replied, "Two bodies. Both executed close range. They were in body armor and had on masks. Pictures on the cell phone. We can check them out when Jenn gets here. I doubt we will recognize them though."
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Jenn took the rifle, gave it a quick run-through so they could get to be close friends, and then smiled at Kat and shook her head. "This'll do it, Kat, thanks. Never had a friend I could borrow clothes from before. This is... way better." She winked and shouldered the carry strap on the rifle. "Let's get to Edwards. Up for some more running? I don't feel like waiting for a car."

She led Kat off down sidestreets, calculating her way back as she went.

The gangs of boys on the way back did a lot less whistling with the rifle over Jenn's shoulder.
Succubus

Post by Succubus »

Katja could not keep herself from smiling of Jenns´comment about borowing rifle. On the way to Edward she dialed Thanasi's number.