[DRABBLES] PhoenixWing

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
PhoenixWing

[DRABBLES] PhoenixWing

Post by PhoenixWing »

So I saw a few other people had done this in the past, and I'm always a sucker for some opportunities to further flesh out Phoenix as a character. So, the usual drabble things applies- throw me some words, each post with a 100-word limit.

Thanks in advance!
HolloPoint
Division Member
Twitter: @hollopointswl

Re: [DRABBLES] PhoenixWing

Post by HolloPoint »

Hey, Phoenix... not familiar with DRABBLES, are you looking for ideas on a back story?
There is a twist in the Fabric of Reality where art fulfills our dreams. Website at - https://brokenmoebius7shep.wixsite.com/iceneuro
PhoenixWing

Post by PhoenixWing »

I have ideas on her backstory, but I need more stuff to get into her brainspace, as it were- I was hoping I could get some single-word prompts and stuff like other people got, and such. But I have some of her backstory done, at least...
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Chocolate
Loud
Spaceship
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
PhoenixWing

Post by PhoenixWing »

Chainsaws. A lawnmower trying its best to chew up a small tree. A garbage disposal chewing up cantaloupe rinds and finding a plastic fork among them. Something from beyond the darkness, trying its best to claw through the very fabric of our reality.

All those things currently paled to the sounds emitting from the library, and several members of the Swords were looking over at a particular corner with some apprehension.

“Somebody go fetch a really long stick. Phoenix is snoring loud enough to wake the dead again, and you know what she's like when you wake her up...”
PhoenixWing

Post by PhoenixWing »

She guided the spaceship further to the right, watching as the attacking aliens rained fire down towards her position. Firing off a few quick shots, she pushed the ship right to its limits and barely made it behind an asteroid before the shots came close enough to peel paint off the side of her fighter.

This last wave of fighters was tough- but was she tough enough to save the universe...?

Suddenly, her ship exploded- she'd missed one, and as the continue countdown started, she found herself all out of pence with her take-out getting cold.

“Feh... blasted game...”
PhoenixWing

Post by PhoenixWing »

Phoenix's own personal workstation, for lack of a better word, is a mess. Half-eaten packages of junk food compete for space with books on almost every subject, and more often than not, things end up blending together.

There was the report on vampire movement in Carpathia that smelled like the leftover soup from instant chicken ramen, and the time a packet of essential documents left on Katelin's desk somehow included an entire Cadbury's chocolate bar in the folder...

It's now a standing rule Phoenix cleans her desk off at least once a month, if not once a week- or sooner.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

hehe Brilliant :D

Radio
Boots
Glitter
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
PhoenixWing

Post by PhoenixWing »

She hasn't really gotten in over her head very much in combat- but when she does, and things turn dicey, well... sometimes all it takes is a never-say-die attitude, the ability to not panic under danger, and a good solid pair of lucky combat boots.

Why?

When she'd ended up cornered by a couple Phoenicians once in a dive bar in Calcutta, all it had taken for them to leave her alone had been a couple solid kicks to sensitive places with a steel-reinforced toe (and getting the hell out of Dodge).

She owns twelve pair now- in many colors.
PhoenixWing

Post by PhoenixWing »

It had been a dangerous mission- and only the best the Swords had had the capability to get in and out without major loss of life and limb. But still, the object of their perilous mission now lay on Katelin's desk- an old music CD.

In its former resting place had been left a brand-new state-of-the-art radio, with preset stations already set by those who had lifted the CD.

All agreed, no matter what, this was for the best- because if they had to listen to Phoenix try to sing along to Eiffel 65's Blue again, they'd need straitjackets.