Run scheduling and requests

Old Event requests
Nexa
Founder (retired)

Run scheduling and requests

Post by Nexa »

An idea I had for organizing group runs and events in the PvE department, 'boards'. 1rst and 2nd rank department members would post on these boards the GMT time and general information outline of a run in question, say a week in advance, and other members would register if they were going or not. The department member in charge of organizing the run would then aid in organizing the party to optimize success of the run and would serves as run leader during the actual run.

In addition, other cabal members could post run 'requests' on the boards if they wanted a run

Potential run types for request and scheduling could be for item finding, quest completion, achievement completion, research completion, grinding or even campaign completion.

General information to be provided in runs would include the area name, the teir of difficulty, the run type, and how many members they desired to go on it, as well as a silly name to give that particular run for identification purposes amongst other runs be organized amidst a similar time frame.

Old run-postings on the boards could then be deleted a week after the run occurs.

An idea for organizing the runs. Feedback and sh@t. Go.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Re: Run scheduling and requests

Post by Kotts »

One of the things I've seen before with a similar system in a few other games is that people will generally just try to grab people on the go from guild chat and PUG the rest of the spots to avoid the "paperwork". Maybe incorporating achievements/rewards/recognition for posting and requesting runs would help encourage some activity on an official level.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I happily sign up to things in this way, also gives me a chance for people participating to think about their set up / loot wishes / time availability.

A combination of spontaneous and planned will contribute to lively and well attended raid run events I think!! :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Sneakybuffalo

Post by Sneakybuffalo »

hopefully there is an in-game calendar that people can accommodate something similar as well
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Usually, Funcom games are not fully featured at launch, but they patch goodies in after.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

That reminds me a lot of how Gaiscioch handles it, and it works very well, so it should work :)
Fall

Post by Fall »

Katelin wrote:A combination of spontaneous and planned will contribute to lively and well attended raid run events I think!! :)
Exactly. Should have scheduled raids for peak attendance nights / times. Basically going off what Nexa suggested. But also have random spur of the moment raids when there are enough people online that would like attend, normally during the off hours or for those that can't make the scheduled raids.
It's a knife's edge on which we keep our balance.
It's a cliff's brink and we stand upon it.
We're too terrified to look down.
We're unable to look back.
There is no forward.
We can not fly.
Reset button.
Click.
Whitehall1

Post by Whitehall1 »

This seems interesting. :P
Nexa
Founder (retired)

Post by Nexa »

I'm hearing no objections to this so far.
Kharzon

Post by Kharzon »

I like the idea. My mind functions this way: I guild up so I don't have to pug up. Though I have just met everyone and joined this cabal, I know that if I ran with anyone here (be it open world, dungeon, etc), if an item dropped that no one else could use, I'd not have to worry in saying I can use it, vs a pug or pur in hoping someone isn't just a ninja.

Welcome to the Internet. Where men are men, women are men and little girls are F.B.I. Agents.