Thanasi's Journal

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Didaskalos

Re: Thanasi's Journal

Post by Didaskalos »

23 Ιούλιος 2012

Have you ever looked back on things you have written and wondered what was wrong with you?

Of course not! You are a journal. Then again, you are my journal, so...

Πόσο πολύ «μετα».

The nightmares must have affected my mood all day yesterday, which is a shame because it was otherwise a good day. I am tempted to tear out the page for the previous entry, but it is accurate for what I felt yesterday. Today...I feel better.

Ευχαριστώ την πίστη μου και την χαρά μου. Και τον μεσονύκτιο ήλιο μου.

The wounds are still there. I know it now. I thought I could throw myself into my old persona and the wounds would heal.

Ειλικρινά, έχω. Μόνο τα σημάδια παραμένουν, μια υπενθύμιση της αποτυχίας μου να προφυλάσσει, μια ενθάρρυνση να είναι σοφότερος.

She tells me it was not my fault, which is sweet of her. I know she is right, but I also know I blame myself. Now I move forward, testing the scars and hoping they do not tear anew.

Αλλά της έχω βλάπτει.

The midnight sun. A useful and appropriate metaphor. I have faith; I must embrace joy.

Για το δύο από αυτές.
Last edited by Didaskalos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanasi Vasiliou - Rapier Division
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

24 Ιούλιος 2012

Today was a good day.

Σήμερα δεν έκανα ακόμα εχει να χρησιμοποιήσει AK μου...

Well, it ended well at least. Most of the day dragged on, as I mostly was by myself. Then I was asked to fill out some paperwork in the lounge because of some mishap to do with Izumi's quarters.

Πάντα ήξερα ότι θα τελείωνει έτσι.

There is an alarming amount of paperwork in that, made easier only in the occasional text message I received. Eventually, I received a visit as well.

Και η γραφειοκρατία πήγε στην κόλαση. Πού αυτό μπορεί να παραμείνει.

The hour is late and it is too much to detail all that was said or done. For now though, εγώ θα πετάξω μακριά.

Εγώ είμαι ένας κακός άντρας, και εγώ είμαι εντάξει.

Σήμερα ήταν μια καλή μέρα.
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

25 Ιούλιος 2012

It was another good day. The day started out very slowly as many people were occupied with other tasks, so I preoccupied myself with helping the citizens of Harbaburești hold off their siege.

Έχω γίνεται κουρασμένος από αυτά τα βαμπίρ.

Once that was completed, I decided I would attempt to obtain something atop a ledge I saw when I was working for the Romany girl, Zaha.

Επειδή μισώ τον εαυτό μου κρυφά ....

I did not succeed. In fact, I failed in rather depressing ways.

Γι 'αυτό οι άνθρωποι έχουν προβλήματα με το αλκοόλ.

Afterward, I returned to London, got changed, and met with Katja for dinner. We were later joined by Silke, but shortly after I had to depart to take care of the order for new floors in Izumi's room.

Αλλά συνομιλία σε δείπνο ήταν καλή. Η νέα στολή ότι Katja φορούσε ήταν καλύτερη.
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

29 Ιούλιος 2012

I have not journaled for a few days, tragically not for lack of activity. I confess I may have slacked during Katja’s trip back to Sweden. Or I have been sending e-mails instead of journaling.

Προτιμώ τη συγκεκριμένη έκδοση.

Today I filed my report on Rapier Division personnel to Izumi since she will be returning tomorrow. I confess it was a touch more difficult than I expected it would be.

On the one hand, I have yet to run into Ventus Forge, Alexandra MacKenzie, Mathias Sinclair—who was added to the roster just yesterday—or the one called Aurkayne. Therefore I did not have anything new to report.

Εκείνο ήταν εύκολο.

I led with Katja and explained that I may not be the best choice for evaluating her performance, since we have—how did I put it?—“a friendly flirtation going on that may lead onward.”

Αν όμως αυτή επιθυμεί εκείνη αξιολόγηση, θα πεθάνω να κοκκινίζει.

To that end, I advised her she may want to check with Wes. For my part, I have observed Katja’s willingness to interact with other division personnel, so I have no discomfort in recommending her for more assignments.

Wes...I was nice. Ever since Katja...μού συνθλίβεται...είμαι βέβαιος ότι υπάρχει ένας πιο δίκαιος τρόπος για να το πει. I think the English would say ‘called me out.’ Ever since then, I have understood that it is ridiculous to be jealous of Wes. We are very different men. In my report, I suggested that I may offer to help him at least as it pertains to the fairer gender.

Θα δούμε πώς εκείνο λειτουργεί....

Following that, I commended Victor Leone for combat leadership, but he needs to spend a few at the tavern some time. Silke Laflamande is...different. I cannot read her, and I do not think Katja could either. Lastly there was Jennison Edwards, who I commended as the wittiest member of the division—myself excluded.

Γιατί πρέπω καλό θα βρει σε κάποιον άλλον....

It is unnerving to have to evaluate my companions; doubly so to evaluate myself. Let us see if she finds it acceptable.
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

30 Ιούλιος 2012

I received Izumi’s response to my report today. It was a relief. Regarding Katja she said, “Your impressions of Katja correlate my own, save for the flirting (she didn't flirt with me).”

Εκείνη είναι μια ανακούφιση. Δεν είμαι σίγουρος ότι μπορούσα να ανταγωνιστεί με Izumi.

Κάποια μέρα θα γίνω για να υποφέρει εκείνη τη δήλωση.

Λυπάμαι τίποτα.

Then there was this:

"Your report confirms what I had picked up, which comes to prove a few things:
- a similarity in outlook between us
- a second opinion confirming my own
- your capacities.

"I will see you very soon, Thanasi."

Αυτό φαίνεται δυσοίωνο.
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

1 Αύγουστος 2012

Izumi sent me this text message today: “Hello Thanasi. Can we meet as soon as possible? I should be in London very soon.”

Τώρα εκείνο είναι δυσοίωνο....
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

2 Αύγουστος 2012

It is funny how easy it is to fulfill your own prophecy unintentionally sometimes.

Είναι αστείο σαν ένας μάγος που κάνει ο ίδιος εξαφανίζεται μόνο δεν να επανεμφανιστεται....

I met with Izumi in person this morning. She offered me a role as her lieutenant. I cannot say it was not unexpected, if only for my inherent greatness.

Μεγαλείο που μετριάζεται από την θεαματική ηλιθιότητα μου!

Everything within me wanted to accept immediately because I am impulsive like a dog. Nevertheless, I showed restraint and told her I would take some time to contemplate it.

During our conversation, I mentioned that I am capable of the spectacularly stupid, and that Katja is very good at catching me out on such occasions.

Και υπάρχει η προφητεία.

I went to The Horned God and sent Katja a text asking what she thought. Finding myself distracted, I went to Egypt and sent her an e-mail that included this: “I decided I would spend some time thinking it over at The Horned God, but it was no good. Too crowded and noisy. Too many ladies trying to catch my eye.”

Μπορεί ένας άνθρωπος να βρεθεί ως άθλιως ανόητο όπως εγώ;

Her response was dutifully upset with me. It included the following sentence: “Whatever.”

Εγώ τώρα θα αρχίσω να είναι άρρωστοι.
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

3 Αύγουστος 2012

She wants to see my ledge.

Περιέργως, εκείνος δεν είναι ένας ευφημισμός.

I fell verbally upon my sword in reply to Katja—as though I somehow could deserve such an honorable end—and she has graciously forgiven me. She understood that I am a fool among men who did not intend hurt but managed to affect it any way.

I told her about the spot in Egypt, invited her to see it.

Εκείνο θα φέρει το κλείσιμο;

Meanwhile, she is struggling with her family and our secret world. This is a struggle I either fortunately or unfortunately do not have to deal with for myself.

Είμαι ακόμα αποφασιστεί.

It may be that the easiest means for her will be the means I.... Let us not dwell on that. But if things do proceed further for us, what then? The more lies there are, the more complicated life becomes.
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

4 Αύγουστος 2012

Never in my darkest dreams did I expect today to be so...chaotic.

I attended the party in Brooklyn hosted by Gridstream Productions, and even won a t-shirt.

Επειδή είμαι γνωστός για το καθημερινό ντύσιμο μου....

Toward the end of the party, Izumi joined me and I officially accepted her offer. Word of this spread strangely quickly since I do not believe she has actually announced it.

Παρεκκλίνω.

After that, I went to The Horned God for a drink and ran into Wes. He was very drunk and trying to get so drunk that “maybe the beesh won’t be able to revive me.” He said that! To a woman!

I of all people know better than to trust women—δεν είπα ότι είμαι καλός στο να μην αυτές εμπιστεύεται—and a woman in The Horned God least of all. So I called for Jenn to join us.

Εκείνος ήταν ένα λάθος.

As it turns out, the problem I missed while Wes was complaining about my way with the women was that he was not referring to Katja.

Έχω μάθει το μάθημά μου.

Jenn looked sick at the proposition of trying to help Wes there. I tried to help. This woman “tried to help,” which is where things got complicated. Jenn dropped her mobile and the woman, who calls herself “Jan Smith,” picked it up.

And did not give it back.

Jenn was so distracted she did not even notice, but I did. I immediately texted Sonnac and he had the mobile remotely wiped. It was probably for the best since this woman broke the encryption enough to make a phone call. To me.

And I took back the phone.

More was involved, but....

After that, I went to Temple Hall to replace her mobile and then tried to track Jenn down. The stationmaster in Agartha informed me that she had gone to Egypt rather than Romania. I think Jenn was surprised to see me.

Ή πραγματικά ήθελε να με σκοτώσει.

We talked for some time. I explained to her that my goal was both Wes’ restoration and her restoration, and...so much more explanation. Amusingly she seems to think I dress like a character out of James Bond.

Perhaps I shall have to take up drinking martinis.
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

5 Αύγουστος 2012

Martinis taste awful.

If yesterday was a busy day, I do not know the word to apply to today. I stayed at the Tabula Rasa last night because the air conditioning in my apartment is out. As I left the hotel this morning, Jan Smith approached me.

Approached and confronted.

Apparently she has decided that Jenn and Wes are both involved in some sort of criminal underground here in London, of which I am the head.

Είμαι βέβαιος ότι ο κ. Hunter θα εκτιμήσει εκείνο....

I must assume it has something to do with the way I dress. At some point, I must convince my associates to dress better.

Κα. Smith ran into Jenn, Tom, and Alex at the Horned God and reported Jenn to the police for carrying around an assault rifle—I thought it was a shotgun yesterday.... The police predictably showed no interest, and Smith either sincerely believed or was feigning that she believed some sort of organized crime was involved.

Damn England’s ridiculous weapon laws.

After disentangling myself from the Smith woman—she actually cornered me—I called Jenn to gather more intel. She apparently has added nigh supernatural powers of observation to my James Bond persona.

Και είμαι εντάξει με αυτό.

Following that, I only thought it proper to give Izumi a full report. She seemed more interested in the interpersonal conflicts between Jenn and Wes right now. In her wisdom—or sadism; it is often difficult to tell the difference with the French, even the French-Canadian—she has decided to have Jenn confront Wes about his operational fitness.

Αν είμαι χρειαστεί, θα είμαι στην Αυστραλία.

I left her so she could discuss the situation with Jenn, who I am sure was thrilled at having to talk to both of her ‘bosses’ in one day. She calls me ‘sir’ now. Izumi still has not made an announcement, so I can only imagine how much worse it will be for me when she does.

The day ended on a joyful note as κα. Smith and three others were gathered across the street from the Temple Club. I am not overly thrilled at a potential enemy agent having coffee just outside of our headquarters, but I could not resist the opportunity to ruffle her feathers again, and perhaps distract her from noticing Jenn arriving at the Temple Club.

It was a good choice on my part—a rare feat these days—as I was able to make contact with another agent who was observing her. The other agent seems to be more of the opinion that κα. Smith is a civilian who stumbled into Ealdwic. I still find this unlikely, and I informed her about the mobile phone incident, encouraging her to keep her eyes open.

Τώρα θα πνιγώ στη γραφειοκρατία.