SWL in your RW! 28th June - 5th June

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

SWL in your RW! 28th June - 5th June

Post by Katelin »

As you all know - each month in our newsletter we have a section called SWL in the Real World. In the more recent issues, this has been drawing more on the lore in game and how this links to our own reality.

I want you to step it up though - and look for things in YOUR real world.

Submit a photo from the real world, and tell us where you see it!
  • Each cabal member may submit 1 entry (that will be valid to win a prize) .. any additional submissions will not be counted towards prize winning.
  • The photo must be your own. I don't want to find it on a google search pointing me to the Louvre museum or something ;)
  • Competition is open for submissions between now and 12noon GMT on the 5th June
  • Any submissions may be chosen at random to appear in future editions of The Sword's Edge

For prizes.. I am collecting a pot of container keys. Depending on how many entries we receive, that pot will be shared. If you want to add more keys to the pot - it is in our cabal bank!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Re: SWL in your RW! 28th June - 5th June

Post by Jess »

Can you explain a bit more photos of what we are we supposed to submit? Should we look for some local legends and conspiracies? Or make a photo of something that feel like SWL? Or?..
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Jess
Division Member

Post by Jess »

I kinda wanted to wait and see how other people are going to post their entries. ._. And also is real deadline 5th July? Would be nice if it would be 5th august, I'd be able to bring some masonic symbols from my trip. (:

OK, whatever. I actually have found few 'Templar crosses' in my rush searching but I ended deciding to bring here something less of direct resemblance and more symbolic, sorry. I can provide crosses later. (: The thing is that city where I live now belonged to Prussia/Germany long ago and it took its part in world wars back then so there were plenty of cemeteries and mass graves around back then. But after my country took it it ended rebuilding half destroyed place and, yeah, most of cemeteries are gone now. I didn't look deep into it, I just know there are still plenty of stories about builders finding bones. This place I chose to show you is memorial cemetery now. It was mass grave of WWII victims when they found it first and then they added remains from other places later, I believe there's more than 20k remains in this place now, though I could miss more news about the thing. Most are nameless. I guess you understood what I'm pointing at when I mentioned mass graves. Yeah, we have no witch trials victims here or cultists or poor miners as Kingsmouth has but... no one kinda has any idea who CAN be there since it's thousands of nameless bones.

WP_20180630_15_35_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20180630_15_35_29_Pro.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3791 times

This place looks like park until you notice crosses. (: It just lacks of some dedicated zombies digging.

I hope I did everything right. :?
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Yes the deadline is 5th July :) thank you for posting!
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Congratulations, DW! You win the FULL pot of Container keys!!

101 Purple, 2 Red and 2 Yellow :) Thank you for taking the time to enter! Will trade you your prize when I next see you -- alternatively, another leader can also trade them to you!!
Jess
Division Member

Post by Jess »

Oh. :O
Thanks!
That's a bit of disappointment to have no other contestant though. I'm not even sure if I want the prize, I'm used to sell keys of my own. I guess I'd better give them up for someone who will be eager to actually use them.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Your choice, just let me know :)

and yes, it is disappointing - but your entry was really well thought out and presented, so I appreciate what you submitted :)
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

DW _ do you want the keys? Please let me know.

If you dont - I can do something else with them :)